Sunday, September 9, 2012

Miss Evie's Birthday Celebration

I aways knew that planning a birthday party, especially a milestone party, would be a lot of work. That's why I started planning for Evie's first birthday when she was a newborn. I thought I would do just one thing every month from the time she was born and then by the time September came all over again I'd be ready for her party without feeling overwhelmed or stressed. "How did that work out?", you might ask. Not well! Somehow I got behind and kept putting things off for whatever reason; money, time, creativity block. It all boils down to me not being the "super mom" I always hoped to be. By the time August rolled around it was crunch time. I was trying to get everything done (while Jared was out of town, and would be for a month) starting with the lawn in the backyard. As lovely as it is having a dog, they wreak havoc on your grass. I dug up %80 of the lawn and then laid seed down and watered it five times a day so it was always wet, for 2 weeks till it germinated. What a time consuming pain that was. I then decided I wanted a nice dress to wear for her party, but all the dresses I found in the style I wanted were between $200 and $400. So I decided to sew my own. Jared finally got home two days before her birthday party, and somehow we managed to pull it off. Thank you so much to everyone who came yesterday to celebrate Evie. We really appreciate you all taking the time of your busy days.

The wreath I made with left over tule from her tutu I also made.
(Don't mind my filthy front door)

Yeah I totally sewed that dress all by myself!!
And thank you Lindsay for letting me borrow your chalkboard :)






No comments: