Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ah, photo shoots

For all of those who take their own kids pictures instead of going somewhere and
paying to have someone else take them, this post is for you.

You know how it is, you spend months researching the "perfect photo shoot".
The perfect backdrop, props everything.
In my case my prep work started when Evie was six months old. 
I was trying to track down a cupcake cake pan, 
luckily by the fifth store I found it, and on sale for half off.
Can you believe it! That never happens!!
Four months past. 
  I searched ALL over not only for butcher paper 
but for the "perfect" color butcher paper. 
I then went out and bought all the stuff I needed to make the tutu,
going to Hobby Lobby four days in a row so that I could use a 40% off
coupon on every item I needed.
Then I went to three different stores, once again, looking for the 
"perfect" color balloons and wrapping paper I needed.
If you think it ends there...you'd be wrong.
I had two things left to get.
A cake stand and a necklace.
Back to Hobby Lobby with another 40% off coupon 
for the necklace, and then the cake stand. 
What do you know my sister had one and bless her heart 
she let me borrow it.
All that running around, and frustration for a ten min photo shoot
that you get about six good pictures out of.

   






Believe it or not this one of my favorites.
Absolutely priceless.  

2 comments:

Bailey Family said...

ahhh those are darling!!! Oh I LOVE the last one too! That is too funny she was afraid of the cupcake. I love her face, priceless! Holy huge cupcake! Love love love it! Her birthday will be perfect and it will be so cute. Enjoy that sweet little girl, they grow up way too fast. She is a darling little 1 year old! You did great on her pictures!!!

Madeline Rasmussen said...

Love Love Love them!! I love the last one too... You are super awesome!!