Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You Will Be Missed


I've worked at Pete Moore's for just over three and a half years now and I have made a few friends over that time. One of which was Pete's Dad, Dr. Steve. I can remeber assisting for him every now and then, the hugs he would give whenever he came into the office, how intent he was on knowing how you were doing and what was new in your life, even if it was just small talk. I can also remeber vivdly the last time he came into the office to get his teeth cleaned, and I also remember not being able to give him a hug because I was too busy assisting on a patient. So you can imagine my sorrow when I was told that he had had a heart attack over the weekend and as a result was in a coma. You can also imagine how much worse it was to have been told yesterday that he passed away on Monday. I can't begin to tell the Moore family how deeply sorry I am. All I can say is that I'm grateful for the time I had to spend with Dr. Steve. He was a wonderful person and he will be missed by all who knew him.

2 comments:

Bailey Family said...

i am sorry to hear of the death of a great friend and for the sorrow you are probably going through. Death is never easy but that is great that you have so many wonderful memories with him. I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. How is life going?? What is new?? We need to get together like we said we were going to!!!!

Mary said...

You wrote some beautiful words, Rachel. I'm sorry that he is passed.