Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Campers

So like I've said in a long past post Jared and I love to camp. We obviously don't do it as much as we'd like, but over this last weekend we had the opportunity to go up to American Fork Canyon. We were planning on going up thursday evening to beat the weekend traffic and get a good spot, but as most of you know Jared and I don't have the best of luck with anything. So to make a long story short we ended up going Friday evening instead. We had never taken Kodiak camping before so we were both pretty excited for him, and all of the new smells he'd be interested in following. By the time we got up there all of the designated campsites were taken so we hiked up the mountain and found a little spot about a half a mile up from Silver Lake. Since it didn't have a fire pit we unfortunately couldn't have a camp fire, which as we all know that's half the fun of camping. Other than that we still managed to have fun and enjoy each others company.


Kodiak sticking his head out the window on I-15 on our way there


The two best guys in the world


Me and my little boy


The creek that ran along side all the camp sites


Smiling for the camera


Walking around by the creek


Kodiak looking out the window on the way down the mountain

2 comments:

Bailey Family said...

love the new pictures! I love it when you update so that I can see what you have been up to. You are just the cutest and I think of you often and miss you tons! Remember when we said we would still do a date night when you moved, well it needs to happen! It looks like you had a fun time camping, fun memories!

Mary said...

I love AF Canyon! It is so pretty. We took Ellie camping up there for te 1st time this summer, it was so fun. You look so dang cute! I want that hat...and those pants...and your hoodie. Thanks so much for watching Ellie before! Love you.