Saturday, February 23, 2013

Four Month Recap

I know, I know, I'm a terrible "blogger", but the past four months have been nothing short of crazy. My last post was Halloween, so let's play catch up, but first let's rewind for one second. Evie started walking about a week and a half after her 1st birthday, and needless to say its been a game of "catch me if you can" ever since. Next up, November. This year was my first year ever of being in charge of making the turkey for Thanksgiving dinner, talk about pressure, but Jared and I would have to agree that I sraight up rocked it!
It was by far the best turkey either one of us has ever eaten. It was so nice that my parents were able to come into town for Thanksgiving, and it was so much fun to spend time with them and to see them with Evie. I'm so grateful for the wonderful blessing of family.
Now onto December. As you know Jared's job takes him out of town quite often and while he was gone for the the first half of December Evie hyperextended her knee. It was heart wrenching seeing her take off to run and stop dead in her tracks, grab onto her knee and start crying out in pain. I called her Pediatrician immediately. I was told to give her some childrens Advil, alternate between ice and heat for fifteen minutes each, to keep her completely off it (easier said than done) and to call back in the morning to schedule an X-Ray if it hasn't improved. I did all I was told but still felt she needed more, it was then that I called my wonderful home teachers to administer a priesthood blessing. The blessing was beautiful and just what she needed for improvement and what I needed for peace of mind. By the next day she was better but it was still pretty tender, I continued the treatment I was told and by day four she was finally back to her old shenanigans. About a five days later Jared got home and about two days later his brother Jason and his long time girlfriend Kim were married. The ceremony was beautiful as was the entire day. It was so much fun to see them start a whole new chapter of their lives together. I'm so happy for the two of them that they were lucky enough to find one another to share the journey with.
Next stop...Christmas. Christmas at our house this year was, as always, beautiful. There's nothing like celebrating the birth of our Savior surrounded by the ones you love most, and for me that's Jared, Evie and Kodiak.
Happy New year and farewell 2012! It's been real, but I was ready for a new year and all the new experiences it brings. We, like every year, didn't do much for our New Years celebration. If I remember correctly, we laid in bed and watched a movie and when it was midnight we both leaned in for our New Years kiss, then we both rolled over and went to sleep. Geez! Can you say old and boring? I sure can, but sometimes doing nothing is way more fun than doing something. I know, I'm weird. January was a tough month. Jared left out of town, and the day he leaves is always bleak but we usually rebound within a day, two at the most, but this time was different. The day afer he left Evie got the flu. Of course everything bad that happens always happens once Jared's gone. She was throwing up every thirty minutes from six thirty in the evening till one twenty in the morning. So I was up all night changing sheets, changing clothes, cleaning up vomit and doing laundry. The next day she was still pretty sick not eating or drinking all while diarrheal, so I had to force fluids down her with a medicine syringe every five minutes. That night I started the whole process myself. I started throwing up every twenty minutes from eight that evening and didn't stop till five the next morning, but on the upside I lost seven pounds. Despite my efforts to stay hydrated I was unsuccessful and the folowing afternoon I stared feeling it. I called the Dr's office and was told that I was in the early stages of dehydration. I was told to start drinking some Gatorade slowly, but that if my syptoms persisted or got worse to come in immediately. Lucky for me I have a killer Visiting teacher who brought me some Gatorade and soup. What a life saver. Twenty four hours later Evie and I were feeling much better.
Finally onto February. I started going to the gym again with me sister. I haven't been since I was pregnant with Evie, and I forgot how much I love it. Which brings me to item number two; Evie went to daycare for the first time! She didn't do so hot the first time but did amazing the second time. I'm so proud of my Little Miss. Evie also got five new teeth in the week and a half before Jared got home, three laterals and two molars. What a rough week, but what a big girl!

Now onto a list of things Evie's saying (with translation):
Dad
Mama
Dog
Pig - Pi
Soft - Sof
Elmo - Mo Mo
Remote - Mote
Sun
Car
Outside - Side
Sheep
Bread
Ball
Minnie - Mimi (she loves minnie mouse)
Keys
Moon - Moo
Cheese
Star - Sta
Please - Pease
Circle - Cirl
Sheet - Shee
Bed
Bowl - Bow
Blue - Boo
Pink - Peek
Shoes
Boots
Oatmeal - Omeal
Socks
Pants - Pan
Hole - Hoe
Black - Bla
Cracker - Cacker
Shirt - Shir
Bath - Ba
Horse - Hor
Green - Geen
Purple - Puple
Poo (she points to her bum after she poops and says it)
Pee
Bye
Hat - Ha
Hood - Hoo
Head - Hea
Evie - Eee

She also signs milk, more, cookie, hungry, cheese. help, black, cold, hot, cereal, bread, banana, apple, candy, ice cream  and cracker. She's nailed half her alphabet and knows most her numbers one through ten. I can't believe how big she is and how much she's changed in the little time she's been here. I love her so much, and I'm so grateful for all the time I have to spend with her.

No comments: