Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick-Or-Treat

As you know I love Halloween, so around July is when I started looking for a costume for Evie.
I found so many cute ones that I loved but they we're so expensive.
Maybe it's just me but I think $40 is way too much for a costume 
she's going to be able to get a few hours out of.
So I put it off praying they'd come down in price.
Fat chance, I know.

A few months later  in September Jared, Evie and myself went to city creek
to walk around. While we were there we went into the Disney store, and Evie 
fell in love with a Minnie Mouse stuffed animal. 
So of course Jared had to buy it for her, and they've been inseparable ever since.
That's when it hit me, I'll have Evie be Minnie Mouse for Halloween.

I started searching for Minnie costumes online and they were 
also so expensive, especially for the poor quality.
It was then I decided that I'll just make one on my own.

A couple weeks later after finishing another sewing project I went 
out and bought the fabric I needed for her costume. 
I decided to make one without a pattern sine that would set me back about $10.

I started a little late, and out of frustration from not having a pattern 
and just me winging it on my own I decided to take a break after six hours.
It wasn't till the day before Halloween that I realized that I wasn't finished.
So once Jared and I put Evie down for bed 
I pulled an "all-nighter" and finished it around two in the morning.

I promised myself I would never make another article of clothing again
without a pattern for the sake of my sanity,
but we'll see...

Here's our little Minnie Mouse





1 comment:

Madeline Rasmussen said...

Oh my thats adorable!! cuter than any pricy costume out there!! You are just super talented if I even attemped to make that I wouldn't even come close!! Amazing