I know that I'm a little late with the Thanksgiving holiday but it's never
too late to express your gratitude.
This year like so many others, what am I talking about, all the others,
we were so busy going to the store to buy
the ingredients for our food assignment, for
Thanksgiving dinner with Jared's family.
Or trying to clean the house, getting ready,
making our food assignment, driving into and across the valley to even get to dinner,
and this year for the first time, getting Evie ready.
So busy in fact that I didn't really remember to think about the holiday itself.
I didn't think about the warm house we live in,
or the car we have that runs so well and is always so reliable.
I didn't stop and think how lucky I am to have to not only have clothes to wear, but to have a
shmorgishborg to choose from.
We are so very lucky and more blessed than I acknowledge.
While I was rocking Evie just a couple hours ago I got to thinking how
amazing she is.
I catch myself just staring at her so often, and when I do
I think about how perfect she is. Not just physically
but spiritually as well.
I was looking at her and thinking how grateful we are
to have our lives enriched with such a strong spirit, who just a few months ago
was with our Heavenly Father.
I guess my point is that everyday is a day to be thankful, and we
should celebrate Thanksgiving all the other 364 days too.
No matter how bad things get and how
unlucky I feel a lot of the time, I try to remember all the
things that are going right, even if it is just a few.
I know all about bad luck. I know that when you think things
can't possibly get any worse they do.
But those are the times that I think about all the wonderful blessings
that I do have to be grateful for.
And that's when I feel my testimony really being strengthened.

1 comment:
SO CUTE!!! I love all of the recent post... you have been so busy. LOVE her pictures, newborn and 3 months old. She is so darling Rachel! You did a beautiful job on the photos! So happy we could get out and have some fun visiting this afternoon. we need to do it more often!! Please let me watch that sweet baby while you go have some time to yourself!
Post a Comment