Monday, November 28, 2011

A letter to Evie

Our Dearest Evie,
I remember when you, our big 11 week old baby girl...
looked like this tiny 3 day old baby girl.


I remember when you used to let us swaddle your arms,
that didn't last very long.
I remember how scared I was to hold you for the first time for fear of dropping you 
from being so shaky from the pain meds.

I remember when this beautiful smiling face...


...looked like this beautiful sad face.


I remember when I first fell in love with you, my sweet baby girl, 
and when I thought I lost you.
 I remember the fear and the sadness I felt at the thought that 
I might not get to meet you till we'd meet in heaven.

I remember the day we brought you home from the hospital... 
we were so excited to bring you home and start a 
new chapter in our life that had you in it.

You make us feels such happiness and joy we can't express.
You are the light in our lives, and the greatest gift we've ever been given.


I knew that I would miss the newborn stage once it was gone
and sure enough I do. 
Every stage so far has been so incredible, and every stage so far has been my favorite. 


I wish I could relive every moment, I miss it all
so much already.


Evie, you are such a blessing in our lives. You make us smile and laugh every day.
I can't help but tear up every night when I'm holding you in my arms 
as your dad and I say prayers and thank our Heavenly Father for blessing us with you.
Thank you so much for choosing us for your eternal family.
We love you more than you'll ever know.
Love Mom and Dad   

No comments: