Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our Little Dinosaur

So our little Evie must think that she's a dinosaur or something
because thats exactly what it looks like when I watch my stomach. 
It looks like a dinosaur trying to hatch out of their egg, 
punching the side then taking a break and then punching again.
I keep telling her it's not time yet, and even if it were that's not how it works. 
But just like her mom she has to figure it out for herself.


She's completely perfect! I could look at her pictures ALL day
and never get bored. 
Usually I post pictures pretty soon after my appointments but I've just been
so busy enjoying every second of Jared being at home with us
before he had to go back on the road again. 
He left on Tuesday, so this is me catching up on my blogging,
if I can even call it that. So these pictures were from my last Dr. appointment 
two weeks ago, and it's crazy to think that she's even 
bigger and cuter now. At my appointment my Dr. gave me the results from my
"20 week" ultrasound that I had at 23 weeks. He told me that he found some 
abnormalities on my placenta. Something so rare in fact that he 
didn't find much literature on it. He talked to Jared and
about it and let us know that he wants to plan on inducing me a week early 
because he doesn't know if my placenta will make it to my due date.
He's going to continue monitoring me and the baby
with more frequent appointments and ultrasounds between
now and my delivery date. 
 I'm so happy about being induced because now we know for sure that 
Jared will be in town for it and we won't have to try and guess
when she'll come to plan his work schedule around it.



I still can't believe how lucky we are to bring one of Heavenly Father's children 
into this world. We feel so blessed and honored. Even though 
she's not here yet we can't imagine our lives 
without her, and the happiness she's already brought to us.
I always wanted a boy first and thought if we did have 
a girl first that I'd have to kind of talk myself into being excited about it.
But when the tech told us we were having a girl I was 
immediately so overjoyed, and now I can't imagine being even half as happy 
as I am if we were having a boy first. I guess Heavenly Father
knew me better than I thought I knew myself.

1 comment:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I totally wanted a boy first...and I have to admit, I was a little bit disappointed when we found out Emmy was a girl. However...I wouldn't trade her for anything! :) Shopping for girls is SO much better than shopping for boys...other than the fact that there are so many cute things for girls and so it's hard to have self control and not go crazy buying everything. You will love it!

Who is your doctor and where are you delivering? My doctor use to give me an ultrasound every time we went it. I loved it! That way I got to see her more and it was always exciting.

She'll be here before you know it! You're gonna love being a mom!