Friday, September 30, 2011

9 months In the Making

    I had a scheduled C-Section for the 13th of September because little Miss Evie was breech. Even though my actual due date wasn't till the 17th I knew I wouldn't even make it to my C-Section date which was four days before. I was right. At 3:00 AM on Saturday the 10th I woke up for some reason, I laid in bed awake for about ten seconds before it happened. 
I had the urge to clench, like I was trying to stop myself from going to the bathroom and then when I realized that that wouldn't work I grabbed between my legs, like a little kid trying to stop themselves from peeing their pants and I jumped out of bed. As I did my water broke, it was all over the bed and then the carpet  all the way into the bathroom.
    As I sat on the porcelain goddess still trying to wake up as I assessed the situation and everything that had just happened, I decided to smell my garment bottoms just to make sure that I hadn't peed my pants. No such luck, my water did break. I then put on clean bottoms and calmly walked back into the bedroom and whispered to Jared, "Jared, I'm really sorry to wake you up, but I think my water just broke." He leapt out of bed and started telling me to hurry that we needed to go. 
I then told him I wasn't having any contractions and asked if he thought I could take a shower and do my hair before we go. He looked at me like I was crazy and said no. 
Before we left for the hospital Jared gave me a beautiful blessing and after I felt
so comforted and was over come with such peace.
    When we got to the emergency room they admitted me to take some tests
to make sure that my water had in fact broken. The first two tests they did came back negative. By this time it was 6:30 AM and when I explained exactly what happened she decide to do one more
test before sending me home. 
A half hour later my results came back, and sure enough they were positive. I was then started on an IV, and was told that my C-Section was scheduled for 8AM. At 7:30 the anesthesiologist came in and explained everything step by step, start to finish what would happen and how thing would go.
    Once I was wheeled into the operating room and sat up on the table for my spinal block I started getting nervous. My anxiety was so bad once they started that I began crying and couldn't stop. 
As Jared held my hand and the anesthesiologist rubbed my head I was able to calm down, then came the good part. As the Dr. was pulling Evie out of me I heard him say to me, 
"She's peeing all over you". Jared stood up and he saw our little girl for the first time. When they brought her over to the table across from me and I saw her I fell completely in love, she looked exactly like she did in my dream I had months earlier. Jared's dark hair and skin, my face and beautiful blue eyes.

And here she is...


Evie Olivia Black
09/10/11 8:35 am, 6lbs 15oz 21 inches
and absolutely perfect



And as you can tell absolutely beautiful




She's finally here and I can't believe how blessed we are. I never thought I could love another 
person so much, especially two seconds after seeing them for the first time.
I feel so lucky and honored to be the mother of such a sweet  little spirit.
I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful or perfect little girl.

No comments: