Thursday, October 23, 2008

My New Calling


So a few weeks ago the Bishop and one of his counselors came over to our house for a visit. Jared and I were both hoping it was a visit to release us from our librarian calling. No such luck. They visited for about twenty minutes and then went on their merry way. The following Sunday was General Conference, so the next Sunday we were in the library doing our thing when the same guy who set up our last little get together with the Bishop wanted to set up another. This time is was alittle more formal. We were asked to come by the church and meet in the Bishops office. Dun Dun Dun! I was so nervous. I called my sister in-law Marci and told her I had an interview. I asked if you can get in trouble at church. She assured me you can't. So Jared and I went to our meeting on Tuesday of last week and they did in fact relaese us from the library. Fewf! Wait..not just yet. "Sister Black" he said "we'd like to extend to you the calling of the second councelor in the Young Womens Presidency." And there went the water works. I wanted to die! I'm totally not qualified for this. I hated Young Womens when i was in Young Womens, girls camp, youth conference, that's just way to much estrogen for me. So i "gladly" accepted my new calling but thought to myself that i'd better get double blessing for this one. So we'll see how it goes...

1 comment:

Aimée said...

You'll do an awesome job, I know it!